You’ve probably seen a bumper sticker somewhere saying, “I stand with Israel.” And maybe you’ve even heard something about “blessing” Israel. But, what on Earth do “standing” and “blessing” really mean? This is what Ezra and Carly dig into in this episode of A Jew and A Gentile Discuss. They help lift the fog around these phrases and present a biblical perspective of what it really means to “bless Israel.” They talk about:
- What Israel and “blessing Israel” meant to Carly growing up with a Christian background
- Is “blessing Israel” a felt need or a theological concept?
- The most important facet of blessing Israel
- What to watch out for when seeking to “bless Israel” by supporting an organization
- Three key points regarding what it means to “bless Israel”
Along the way
As Carly and Ezra discuss back and forth, they also talk about
- The idea of the “good news” – the Gospel – is actually an Old Testament concept
- Blessing Israel without the Gospel is only half-blessing
- How part of “blessing Israel” means standing with Jewish people who believe in Jesus
- That “blessing Israel” means more than financial giving alone but also involves something God wants even more
- How standing with Israel will never be easier than it is today
- How standing with Israel doesn’t mean agreeing with everything the State of Israel does
- A word about fair-weather friends of Israel and what that might look like
- How standing with Israel has to be based on Scripture
Words you might learn in this episode
Yeshua, gospel, evangeli, evangelion, besora, ecclesia
Scriptures referenced in this episode
Isaiah 61:1, Zechariah 12:10, Isaiah 53, John 10:30, John 14:6, 1 Corinthians 15:6, Genesis 18:15, 1
Corinthians 12:12–27, Ephesians 4:15–16, Isaiah 66:8, Zechariah 14:2, Revelation 16:12–16, Romans 1:16
Want a Free Bag of Amazing Coffee?
Enter our monthly drawing at www.ajewandagentilediscuss.org, and you could win a free bag of some of the finest Ethiopian coffee in the world from Lost Tribes Coffee Co.
Do you like what you hear?
You know, the only way we can continue providing these engaging conversations is through listener support. So, if you like tuning in to A Jew and A Gentile Discuss, would you consider supporting the podcast with a financial gift? Any amount – small or large – helps. Thanks!
Want more discussions more conveniently?
You can subscribe to A Jew and A Gentile Discuss wherever you get your podcasts.
Sharing: It’s nice
Don’t keep us all to yourself! Share the podcast with people you know. Let them in on these exciting conversations, and spark some of your own discussions among friends. Leaving a review about A Jew and A Gentile Discuss will also help spread the word to others about the podcast.
Follow and Engage
Keep up with us by following and engaging with us on social media under the handle A Jew and A Gentile Discuss.
Do you have a comment or question?
We’d love to hear from you! Please leave us some feedback or send in your questions for us to consider for future episodes.
This podcast is a production of Jewish Voice Ministries International.