Out with the old and in with the new? Some would say so, but in this episode of A Jew and A Gentile Discuss, Carly and Ezra explain the errors and dangers in the notion that the New Testament Church somehow replaces God’s covenant with Israel. In this first of a two-part series, they address:
- What Replacement Theology is
- How to recognize it when you hear it
- Dangers of Replacement Theology
- The subtle trouble with Pope Francis’ seemingly positive statement toward the Jewish people several years ago
- Whether or not Christians can dismiss the Old Testament in sole favor of the New
Along the way
During their conversation, they also touch on such relevant sidenotes such as:
- How word choice matters, and the erroneous message conveyed by such wording as “convert” and “become a Christian”
- How the Holocaust and anti-Semitism play into the notion of Replacement Theology
- The Church, Gentiles, Jewish people and Replacement Theology as imagined through the eyes of the devil…yikes!
- Real–life persecution of Jewish people today that sounds like it’s right out of the history books
- The relationship between Dual Covenant Theology and Replacement Theology
Words you might learn in this episode
Replacement Theology, ecclesia, Yeshua, Gentiles, Dual Covenant Theology, proton
Scriptures referenced in this episode
Jeremiah 31:35–36, Ephesians 2:13, Romans 11:16–24, Romans 11:17 NKJV, Romans 11:25, Romans 11:29, Romans 3:22, Romans 3:23–24, Psalm 53:3, Acts 4:12, Jeremiah 31:34–34, Matthew 15:21–28, 1 Corinthians 10:6, Galatians 3:24 NKJV
Don’t miss next week’s podcast when Carly and Ezra discuss verse by verse, examining several Scriptures that Replacement Theology proponents use in attempting to lend merit to this doctrine.
Want a Free Bag of Amazing Coffee?
Do you like what you hear?
You know, the only way we can continue providing these engaging conversations is through listener support. If you like tuning in to A Jew and A Gentile Discuss, would you consider supporting the podcast with a financial gift? Any amount – small or large – helps. Thanks!
Want more discussions more conveniently?
You can subscribe to A Jew and A Gentile Discuss wherever you get your podcasts.
Sharing: It’s nice
Don’t keep us all to yourself! Share the podcast with people you know. Let them in on these exciting conversations, and spark some of your own discussions among friends. Leaving a review about A Jew and A Gentile Discuss will also help spread the word to others about the podcast.
Follow and Engage
Keep up with us by following and engaging with us on social media under the handle A Jew and A Gentile Discuss.
Do you have a comment or question?
We’d love to hear from you! Please leave us some feedback or send in your questions for us to consider for future episodes.
This podcast is a production of Jewish Voice Ministries International.