Passover and Easter. They happen around the same time of year. They’re both defining holidays of their respective faiths.
In this episode of A Jew and A Gentile Discuss, Carly and Ezra talk about celebrating the important spring holidays with their families. You’ll hear Carly’s early thoughts about Easter growing up in a Catholic home and Ezra’s memories of both Passover and Easter as a child of a “mixed marriage” having one Jewish and one Christian parent.
Carly digs deeper into the Jewish holiday of Passover by asking Ezra to explain more about:
- What “Pesach” is vs. “Passover”
- What the Passover Seder is
- How Ezra observes Passover today and if he celebrates Easter now that he believes in Jesus
- How a Jewish Believer’s Passover observance is different than a non-believing Jewish person’s
- Can or should a Christian celebrate the Passover Seder?
Along the way
During the show, you’ll also hear some fascinating and relevant things about:
- What the Passover meal compares to on the Christian calendar
- Why Passover is more than a holiday tradition
- Who Passover is “really” for
- Three vital aspects about the Jewish people communicated through the Seder
- What the age of accountability is in Judaism and what that means
- The cost of Jewish freedom from Egypt and Christian freedom from sin
- What a Haggadah is and the “special” one Ezra remembers his family using when he was a kid
- Ezra’s prayer every Passover
- Why Ezra holds the view that Jewish Believers have an obligation to observe Passover
Just for A Jew and A Gentile Discuss listeners!
Get a FREE Messianic Passover Haggadah of your own and see what the Seder service is all about. And don’t worry, this Haggadah is much shorter than the one from Ezra’s childhood.
Words you might learn in this episode
Ash Wednesday, Lent, Good Friday, Yom Kippur, Yeshua, Pesach, Rosh Hashanah, Passover Seder, Nisan, Chag HaMatzot, Matzot, lintel, Erev Pesach, schlep, Haggadah, l’dor v’dor, bar mitzvah, bat mitzvah, Johanan the Immerser
Scriptures referenced in this episode
Matthew 20:16–17, John 10:30, John 4:25–26, Luke 19:10, John 3:17, John 10:9, John 8:58, Romans 6:23, Exodus 12:1–18, Ezekiel 11:19, Matthew 5:17, John 1:29, 36
Get A FREE Messianic Passover Haggadah! Go to www.ajewandagentilediscuss.org/passover.
The only way we’re able to continue providing these engaging conversations is through listener support. If you like tuning in to A Jew and A Gentile Discuss, would you consider supporting the podcast with a financial gift? Any amount – small or large – helps.
Subscribe and Review
You can subscribe to A Jew and A Gentile Discuss wherever you get your podcasts. Leaving a review will help others know to tune in too.
Share the podcast with people you know to spread the word about the podcast.
Follow and Engage
Follow and engage with us on social media under the handle A Jew and A Gentile Discuss.
We’d love to hear from you! Leave us some feedback or send in your questions for us to consider for future episodes.
This podcast is a production of Jewish Voice Ministries International.