One is Jewish. One is Gentile. Both believe in Jesus. Join us as we discuss life, faith, prophecy, current events and more. Discover surprising insights and amazing things God is doing around the world. A Jew and A Gentile Discuss features relevant topics for your walk with God along with dialogue about what’s going on in the world, what it has to do with the Bible and how it relates to living out your faith. All from the two different perspectives of a Jewish and a Gentile Believer. Where do they agree? Where do they disagree? Tune in for insights you may have never heard before. New episodes will air every Tuesday. Listen wherever you access your podcasts.
This is our final episode of the season, and it’s a big one!
Jesus came as Savior of the world, but most of the world doesn’t believe in Him. Does that mean He failed in what He came to do? In this episode of A Jew and A Gentile Discuss, Ezra and Carly ask these hard questions and more.
- What was Jesus’ goal? Did He fail?
- Jesus died – isn’t that defeat?
- If Jewish people are God’s Chosen People, why didn’t Jesus save them while He was on Earth?
- If Jesus’ earthly ministry was to the Jewish people, why did He make it so hard for them to accept Him?
- Why does the Bible say Jewish people have a veil over their eyes?
Along the Way
Along the way, you’ll gain insight into the following:
- The Jewish concept of the Messiah’s role
- Why the disciples asked the resurrected Jesus if He was now going to restore the kingdom to Israel
- Something that Christians have a second nature understanding of but to Jewish people is scandalous
- The blindness and partial hardening of the Jewish people, for a time, and what that means for the Gentile world
- When and how that blindness will come off from Jewish eyes
- The Messiah’s mission to transform hearts before we would actually accept His rule in His Kingdom
Words You Might Learn in This Episode
Messiah ben David, Messiah ben Youssef, Messianic expectation, Yeshua
Scriptures Referenced in This Episode
Romans 3:23, Deuteronomy 18:15, 2 Samuel 7:12–13, Isaiah 9:6–7, Acts 6–7, Matthew 27, 1 Corinthians 15:3-8, Genesis 50:19–20, Isaiah 53, Isaiah 52:13–14, Matthew 15:21–28, Ezekiel 34, Jeremiah 23:4–6, Micah 7:14–20, Luke 15:4–7, Revelation 7:9, Isaiah 6:8-10, Deuteronomy 9:13, 2 Corinthians 3:14–16, Romans 11:25–26, Romans 11:30–32, Romans 3:23, John 3:3–6, Ezekiel 36:26, Luke 22:14–20, Jeremiah 31:31–33, Matthew 23:39, Hebrews 8–10, John 14:1–3, John 1616–23a
Previous Episodes Mentioned
S3 E5 – Why Jews Meet on Saturday and Christians on Sunday
S3 E8 – Christian and Jewish Thoughts on the Messiah
S3 E1 – Was Adam Jewish?
Thanks for listening to this season! We have enjoyed sharing these topics with you. Stay tuned for news about our next season, starting in 2023. We can’t wait to dig into more relevant topics with you!
Other Resources for You
Enter to win free coffee: www.ajewandagentilediscuss.org,
Learn more about Lost Tribes Coffee Co.: www.losttribescoffee.co
Consider financially supporting the podcast: www.jewishvoice.org/donate/wem/what-you-hear
Ask a question, give us feedback: www.ajewandagentilediscuss.org/contact/
Subscribe: Wherever you get your podcasts
Social media: Find us under the handle A Jew and A Gentile Discuss.
Share us with your friends.
Leave a review on your favorite podcast app.
This podcast is a production of Jewish Voice Ministries International.
Do you have questions about some thing you heard on our podcast?
Click on the button below. We’d love to hear from you!